The music of Dot Hacker is architectural, built on a foundation of bold, manipulated tones and supported by lush eclectic textures and angular rhythm. The band’s enigmatic sound comes from the collaboration of friends and founding members, Josh Klinghoffer, Clint Walsh, Eric Gardner and Jonathan Hischke.
Before forming Dot Hacker in 2008, the four were already established musicians, recording and touring with an impressive list of respected artists including: Beck, Gnarls Barkley, PJ Harvey, Charlotte Gainsbourg, The Butthole Surfers and Broken Bells amongst many others. Klinghoffer, the band’s lead vocalist, also currently plays guitar in The Red Hot Chili Peppers. The band plans to play shows in 2012 to support the release of their debut album.
Klinghoffer is the band’s songwriter, lead singer, guitarist and also plays piano. Members of this band were in the touring incarnation of Gnarls Barkley. They have only yet released four songs.”Order/Disorder” and “Eye Opener” via the official website,”Neon Arrow” via their MySpace, and “Inhibition” which was played on Bob Forrest’s radio show on the California based station Indie 103.1 on 15 June 2011, where Josh was his guest. The line-up is:
- Josh Klinghoffer (PJ Harvey/Gnarls Barkley/Red Hot Chili Peppers) – Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Keyboards, Synthesizers
- Clint Walsh (Tweaker/The Motels/Gnarls Barkley) – Rhythm Guitar, Keyboards, Synthesizers
- Jonathan Hischke (Le Butcherettes/Broken Bells/Hella/El Grupo Nuevo de Omar Rodriguez Lopez/Damsel) – Bass Guitar
- Eric Gardner (The Motels/Monsters Are Waiting/Gnarls Barkley) – Drums and Percussion
Source: Wikipedia and Org.Music
- Berliner Zeitung: Entrevista com o RHCP (30/11/2011)
- Dot Hacker lanza un EP digital el 21 de Febrero